Monday, January 30, 2012

File Active

I received a phone call today and when the girl on the other end of the line said, "Hi I'm calling from Depelchin", I knew they were calling me to say that our file was active in their system (finally). Not only did they tell us our file was active, they told me about an emergency placement for a 14 month old boy. We were cautiously optimistic and about 2 hours later they called back stating no one from the agency was picked.  Bright side? We got our first foster call! I had a mix of emotions....I didn't know if I would be hesitant when we were finally called about a foster placement because I do tend to get emotionally attached. The outcome was just the opposite.  I was calm, not overly excited and very aware that this could be JUST a foster placement. I've said it before and I'll say it again....I am exactly in the stage of the process that I'm supposed to be in. I would have never been able to be that calm if I had gotten that same call 2 years ago. Now that we are "active in the system", I hope to be less stressed out about the little things. I just wanted to get to THIS point so that I can finally start getting those phone calls of my potential future children. When we first started the process I was a bit saddened about the possibility of not birthing my own children.  All I knew was that I was meant to be a person that would take care of little ones. BUT NOW....I never knew I would be at the point where I have absolutely NO NEED for that. I love that we are fostering and adopting. I love that we are going to potentially change someones life for the better. Not only will their lives be changed, mine will continue to change for the better as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment